A simple lightbox written using
Backbone. It is wrapped as a Backbone component to allow for easy reuse on the front end and prevent code duplication and follow DRY principles. The backbone component is basically a backbone view that you can use within your code.
- Simple, minimum CSS written in SASS
- Content and design is 100% customizable
- Backbone component is a drop and run view instance
- Component has a default close event that will remove the pop up
Tutorial on how to use it
I wrote up a post explaining how the lightbox works and also how to use the
lightbox.js backbone view. You can read it here.
There are a few dependencies on getting everything compiled and in working order.
- Bootstrap (if you want to use the default close)
- Handlebars (if you want to use the template I wrote)
Get it on Github
You can download the source via github: lightbox
Please note, due to the way
Handlebars loads and compiles templates you will need to swap out some code to add in your templating engine and your method of loading and compiling your templates.